Among Hallie Q. Brown’s many community services is running a very well-used (and innovative) food shelf. In addition to their ongoing food shelf, clients will be able to choose if they want a food basket for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
They are going to help 500 families this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We will be collecting food and funds until December 6.
Here’s a list of specific items needed for those baskets.
- Boxed potatoes, stuffing and cornbread mix
- Canned sweet potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce
- Jar gravy or gravy packets
During the month of November, there are two ways you can help:
- By writing a check out to Macalester Plymouth United Church, writing “Food Drive” on the memo line, and dropping it in the offering plate or church office. The option for online/text giving will also be available.
- By bringing nonperishable food items and placing them on the Food Shelf table in the Merriam Lexington Social Hall.
More food facts from Hallie Q. Brown:We handed out over 860,000 pounds of food in 2018 and we had over 49,000 people come through our doors.